Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Life Stories Materialize With the Artists' Hand

The Journey
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will take time to post a comment. I have been working on my "Artist Resume" today. It is coming along well.

Today I also set my computer up to receive email from 3 different accounts. One is for my longstanding and 1st email account that is for personal emails. The second is for my artwork marketing, including calls for entry, online tutorials and tips and the third is for my Photography.

I  choose the following 2 pictures to share with you in this blog this evening. I have included the stories for each. I hope you enjoy them.




The picture to the left is entitled "The Journey". it is a 14"x17" color pencil work.  Nothing is more difficult than feeling like we are at the mercy of the storm. The map is laying on a ships chart table. The captain, at some point, knew his location. The looking glass, engraved with the work CRISTOS, is lying in its case which would lead us to believe he was not afraid of running ashore, nor was he concerned about the sea monster. To the There is land that the sailing ship did not bother to seek anchorage in. The little ship sales, full of wind are moving  the ship close to danger. The last hidden tid bit is on the very front of the boat. The bow spirit is a weather worn, hand hued cross.  Leading the way the master shepherd leads His sheep.

This portrait is Jessica. It is 12"x14", medium - ultra fine pint sharpie markers. The photograph was taken several years ago. At the time it was taken, adding 'unnatural" color to hair was just beginning to be the thing to do. I had been contemplating doing a piece of art for Jessie's 16th birthday when I remembered the photo. All of the colors in "Jessica" are accurate, with the exception of her hair. She has natural long red hair. As a side note she has never added "non-human" hair colors to her hair

Jessie
As I was going through photographs of my art work today, I realized that I have about 15 originals that need to be photographed. I think that I will get that photography session completed on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

I have been spending an hour a day searching for art posting web sites. www.lafango.com is pretty cool. If you haven't been there and you are into any kind of performance,visual art, dance, model, writer, chef etc, there is a really big online community for you to become a part of. They have contests all of the time.

No comments: